2395 University Avenue, Suite 202, St. Paul, MN - 55114, 651-646-2854
SAINT FRANCIS PLEDGE
Now that the 2016 election is behind us, will you take the pledge?
Commit to the FRANCIS Pledge below, using the letters in the name of Saint Francis.
I commit to:
Faciliate a forum for difficult discourse and acknowledge that all dialogue can lead to new insight and mutual understanding.
Respect the dignity of all people, especially the dignity of those who hold an opposing view.
Audit myself and utilize terms or a vocabulary of faith to unite or reconcile rather than divide conflicting positions.
Neutralize inflamed conversations by presuming that those with whom we differ are acting in good faith.
Collaborate with others and recognize that all human engagement is an opportunity to promote peace.
Identify common ground such as similar values or concerns and utilize this as a foundation to build upon.
Support efforts to clean up the provocative language by calling policymakers to their sense of personal integrity.
A PLEDGE OF NONVIOLENCE
1. As you prepare to march, meditate on the life and teachings of Jesus.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love; for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God that all men and women might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes that all might be free.
6. Observe with friend and foes the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Perform regular service for others and the world.
8. Refrain from violence of fist, tongue, and heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
10. Follow the directions of the movement leaders and of the captains on demonstrations.